A good friend in Italy just sent me a WeTransfer file of a TV show he was involved in called Più Bella di Prima (“more beautiful than before”). It’s a show about a beauty makeover that follows the familiar formula of before and after with the help of a plastic surgeon, cosmetic dentist, hair stylist, and makeup artist.
The reason I mention this particular show is because Angelica’s (age 55) transformation was truly stunning and for some reason, I was struck by how ‘simple’ the procedures were that she underwent, but what an amazing outcome they achieved. In other words, Angelica went from washed out to a head turner!
The photos of Angelica are screen shots taken by me from the video my friend sent, so please forgive their quality. Regardless, I think you’ll still understand why I’m so impressed!
OK, so this isn’t the most flattering shot, but you can see that there’s a real beauty in there- she looks quite haggard, but that will soon change!
Here’s what Angelica had done- and what you too can do:
1. Face: Botox and Restylane injections (Botox on her forehead and around her eyes; Restylane in her cheeks, lips, and frown lines on the sides of her lips- injections went in her chin) and eyelid surgery to remove extra skin
a) all cosmetic procedures were done in Milan by Dottoressa Fiorella Donati, herself a beauty at her age (I’ve been to her before, so if you have any questions about her, please let me know)
2. Teeth: cosmetic dentistry including very natural-looking veneers (for those of your own teeth, I mention the veneers to highlight the importance of teeth whitening- not a blinding white, but just enough to remove the coffee, tea, and red wine stains)
This was Angelica at the beginning of the show so with makeup, this is probably the best her skin looks, but wait…
3. Exercise: while this was a pretty minor part of her transformation- no weight loss necessary because Angelica is thin and has a nice figure- exercise was discussed as a means to look and more importantly, feel better (she was shown taking a brisk walk in the park and was instructed to swing her arms back in forth to help tone her arms)
4. Hair: her hair stylist opted for a shorter, more modern bob with highlights that framed her face. Long hair can often drag your face down, depending on the shape of your face, and dark hair on a lined face can often highlight the lines (you definitely don’t want that!). Angelica went lighter and shorter and you can see how right her stylist was
a) Monica Coppola styled Angelica’s hair so there was no going wrong! Monica is also the daughter of Aldo Coppola
5. Makeup: in Angelica’s case, it was important to conceal her dark circles and even out her skin tone, as well as bring out her eyes
AND NOW THE REVEAL (shot by my friend, Antonello Romeo)!
This is Angelica with one of her sons- she’s not a cougar quite yet!
How can you not be impressed??! My point is that if you seek a younger and more refreshed appearance, you don’t have to undergo any major alterations! There’s no need to be scared by anything Angelica did- not the Botox injections, not the Blepharoplasty, not the veneers. Before embarking on surgery though, be sure you do your research and even consult with several doctors before choosing the doctor who’s right for you.
If you want to email me directly about this post, I’m happy to tell you more about my own experiences. For the most part, they’ve all been good!