This kit is from Optimal Health Network and you can order it online
A couple of summers ago, I saw a holistic nutritionist for persistent bloating and frequent discomfort after eating. Karen was incredibly helpful, even if she prescribed nearly 30 supplements a day for a month! I did begin feeling much better under her guidance so when she recommended doing coffee enemas three times a week for the first month of doing them, I barely batted an eyelid!
From MindBodyGreen, Amanda Brocket writes, “Coffee enemas are powerful detoxifiers, due to some amazing compounds within the coffee that stimulate the liver to produce Glutathione S transferase, a chemical which is known to be the master detoxifier in our bodies. (Plus, getting your coffee this way means you’re less likely to get addicted to caffeine!).”
Click here to read Amanda’s MBG blog post, which is really informative, especially if the thought of drinking coffee from ‘downstairs’ slightly grosses you out!
Here are some personal tips to help you wrap your head around the process:
1. Do the enema at the time you would normally ‘go’- for me it’s after breakfast- but don’t worry if you the urge to go precedes the enema and you can’t wait (do the enema afterwards)
2. I brew the coffee in a coffee maker using a gold filter vs. paper and with bottled or purified water (don’t forget where this water is going!)
3. Do the enema at a time when you can truly relax- you’ll probably need around 20 minutes
4. Make the floor comfortable by putting a towel down and a pillow if you prefer lying on your side and place the enema bucket above you- you can hold the bucket yourself, tipping it to ensure the coffee is flowing well
5. Make sure you clamp the tube tightly while you’re getting yourself comfortable (a clamp should come with your kit) or you risk spraying coffee everywhere!
6. It does NOT hurt to insert the nozzle, I promise!!
7. I use castor oil as a lubricant (I’m sure KY Jelly would be fine and my nutritionist recommended pure olive oil)
8. I ordered everything from Amazon, including the coffee
9. You will feel very relieved afterwards, but beware that you may have to go again during the day, especially if you tend to drink a lot of water
10. Try to hold out for 10 minutes after giving yourself the enema (I’ve rarely been able to do this, in all honesty!)
11. Please make sure the coffee is room temperature before putting it anywhere near your tush!
12. I followed these instructions from Raw-Wisdom in terms of preparing my enema
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Any medical questions, please consult your doctor!